Monday, November 15, 2010

What happens now?

Entry 14
November 15

Something was not right. Unusual skin tenderness and a rash appeared on the 9th. I had shingles once before about six or eight years ago. Is this shingles again? Is this another complication of being immunosuppressed?

I've been reading shingles information . Varicella-zoster ( the virus that causes shingles) sounds like the name of a pasta dish. 

I'm wondering if this will this affect my surgery date, a mere 10 days from now.  Apparently the shingles has made its appearance close to the epidural entry point.

Today, Monday, I called the Prostate Clinic and after answering her questions related to the geographic location of the shingles on my torso, the nurse told me they would likely go ahead with the surgery on the 25th as scheduled. I gather that came from the urologist/surgeon .

She did however want to clear that with the anesthetist and indicated that I might expect a call from that individual. She also said they might want me back for some more blood work this week. When that happens they will be able to better assess this new problem.



No comments:

Post a Comment