Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Date is Set

Entry 12
Written November 3

The date for surgery is set... November 18th.
[Update] Now the date is November 25th.
[Update to the Update] Due to my having shingles, the new date for the radical prostatectomy is Dec 9, 2010.

The following is from my e-mail to Graham, our good friend and my family doctor.

"I was beginning to get a bit antsy because it had been a week since my meeting with the urologist and I still hadn't heard. Turns out they were trying to reach me earlier this week but had my very old, defunct phone number and it just rang. Don't know how they got that. The 18th is earlier than I had been led to believe but he did tell me that he penciled a date in for me when he first saw me in September.

I have to go in this Friday for an Xray, EKG etc. I guess they will let me know what time I have to show up on the 18th. I would imagine bright and early."

------------------------------------

Snap of a Glove [video] - Nova Scotian Dan Hennessey's account of living with Prostate Cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment