Friday, November 26, 2010

Blood .. not funny

Entry 19
November 26th

Having no obvious symptoms of prostate cancer, I've been going about my days as I normally do. Yesterday morning I had a snow walk with Gracie, our border terrier.  In the afternoon, I worked out at the Reh-Fit lifting weights and using the stepper.  Today I'm installing a new overhead fan with my friend, Jim. That has the potential to be funny.

I started this day by giving blood samples to the Unicity Lab near our home. The surgeon had requested a CBC (complete blood count), a PT/INR/Pfib, and an APTT (Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time).  Seems these are typical presurgery tests to get a picture of your health via the contents of your blood and to see how your blood will coagulate.  

Of the many possible different blood tests,  I only needed these three.

Blood, Not Funny [video] :)



No comments:

Post a Comment