Monday, July 25, 2011

Jack's News Strikes Home

Entry 53
July 25


I've been enjoying the sunny and mosquito-free summer in Winnipeg. Seven months after my surgery I continue to feel fine. 


Unfortunately, today the popular NDP Leader and Official Opposition in the House of Commons Canada, Jack Layton has announced that he is taking a leave to deal with a new occurrence of cancer. He began radiation treatment for prostate cancer in 2009. This news strikes home. 


Here is his statement:"My battle against prostate cancer is going very well. My PSA levels remain virtually undetectable. However, these tests … also indicate that I have a new, non-prostate cancer that will require further treatment. So, on the advice of my doctors, I am going to focus on treatment and recovery."


We hope Jack Layton has a safe journey back to good health.



Update: Sadly, Jack Layton died on August 22, 2011


Links:
The Jack Layton cancer story at CBC Canada
Send Jack a Message
Public Officials Owe Full Health Disclosure


Contact: hstimson @ shaw.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment