Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hot Flashes "R US"

Entry 49
April 27

Well, I had been cruising along nicely with little or no evidence of side effects from my antiandrogen therapy (hormone therapy) treatment. That changed about a week and a half ago. At first I wasn't sure if this was beginning of the 'thermal chaos' as an article in The New York Times aptly describes a hot flash. One thing for sure, it gets your attention. In my case the hot flashes started showing up about a month after the first Zoladex time release injection.

I would appear to be pretty typical in my reaction to the hot flashes. They are most irritating at night when they interrupt sleep but I have noticed that I am becoming used to that as time goes along.  




Links:
Side Effects of ADT and Estrogen Deficiency
Acupuncture for the Alleviation of Hot Flashes 
Managing the Side Effects of Androgen Deprivation Therapy




Contact: hdstimson @ shaw.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment