Sunday, January 2, 2011

Talking Openly

Entry 34
January 02, 2011


It seems that if you speak candidly about your prostate cancer, others will too. Three men in particular, Wayne, Eric and Kelly, all of whom have had prostatectomies were kind enough to take time to enlighten me before the surgery and to commiserate afterward.  Twice at a birthday celebration on December 28th, I got into conversations with other party guests who had experienced all or some of what I had recently ... PSA tests, DREs, biopsy, bone scan, CT scan, surgery, hospital stay, catheters, incontinence, etc.   Since the surgery, I've had numerous phone calls and e-mails in which friends and family mention someone close to them who has suffered from prostate cancer. What these occasions made me aware of is how many men of my age or younger have gone through it.  In a way, it's comforting to know that others have traveled this path with good success rates. 






Email contact info: hdstimson @ shaw.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment