Thursday, October 21, 2010

1st Visit to a Urologist

Entry 3
July 21, 2010

After considering my PSA count and having palpated my prostate, Dr #1 Urologist decided during my initial visit to him that a needle biopsy was in order. He took tissue samples from 12 spots in my prostate. We would wait one month for the results.


Some doctors schedule a screening for resistant ecoli infection before conducting a biopsy. In my case, minutes passed between between the DRE and the biopsy...no warning.



That hurt. Apparently, he had not used a local anesthetic.


Disoriented after that procedure, I couldn't find our new Subaru Outback that I had driven into the hospital parkade. Thinking it had been towed, I called the towing company who denied having our car. Only then did I remember I had used Margaret's Jetta that day. There it was where I left it.


Life goes on. I went on a second summer canoe trip, this time with Jim Buckingham, Pam Little, Doug and Donna McKown in the Sturgeon-Weir area. [Pictures]


A Urologist's Biopsy Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment